Nearby Shops is an open source location based e-commerce software primarily designed for local shopping needs
Nearby Shops helps people buy items like fruits, vegetables and grocery from shops located near to them and even get a home delivery of the items they have purchased.
What does it mean to buy from shops near to you ?
Shops like fruit shop and vegetable shop typically deliver only to an area of say 4 kms or 5 kms or in a single city. Shops like these have a lower delivery Range. Delivery Range is the distance upto which they can deliver their orders. Nearby Shops is an e-commerce software designed specifically for shops with lower delivery range. A Shop which can deliver only to the customer living within the same city.
Get it from Google play store
End User app Demo
The nearby shops currently have shops available in only few cities. If you are living in a city where shops are not available. You need to fake your location and set it to some location where shops are available.
Use any location faker app which you can download from playstore and set your location to “Balanagar, Hyderabad, India”. You may see some shops and items visible in the nearby shops app.
Login credentials for end-user app are : 9490523891 (Username) | password (password)
Login to the end-user app with the above login credentials and enjoy the demo.
Shop Owner app Demo
Shop owner app is not available on google play store. Download the shop owner app from the download section of the developer docs page.
After you have downloaded the apk and installed the app. You can login using the following credentials.
Login credentials : 8074516088 (username) | password (password)
Login to the shop owner app with the above credentials and enjoy the demo.
Features and Highlights
- Phone and E-mail verification using OTP
- Push-Notifications using Open-Signal and Firebase
- Designed as a Multi-vendor e-commerce platform
- Ability to add staff members to the shop and assign permissions to staff members.
- Designed Primarily for Mobile and Smartphone
- Visibility of shops are filtered using delivery range of the Shop
Technology Stack : Nearby Shops is Built with
The app has a java REST API in the backend and three Native android apps in the front end. Java API Backend uses Maven as a build system with following dependencies
- Postgres DB as a Primary Database
- Jersey Framework – (JAX-RS Implementation) for REST API Endpoints
- Jetty Server as an Embedded HTTP Server in the app
- HikariCP for Connection Pooling
- Thumbnailator for Generating resized versions of Images
App authenticates using basic auth. with TLS encryption yet to be added.
Third Party Integrations
- Push Notifications using One Signal and Firebase
- SMS and OTP delivery using MSG91
- Payment Gateway using RazorPay
- E-mail using Mailgun
Instructions for Customization
If you intend to use Nearby Shops software then please use your own logo and app name. Don’t use nearby shops logo and app name.